With fabulous floats, sizzling samba and some of the most elaborate costumes your eyes will ever witness, nothing quite compares to this Brasilian festival. Here is a look at some of the most out-there costumes that have graced the streets of Rio Carnival to get you in the mood. Are you ready for the biggest street party on the planet?
1. Boxing gloves and a tea dress. We can’t really picture this catching on…
2. Shake ya tail feather!
3. Apparently the Queen of England and her guards stopped by one year…
4. Marshmallow madness.
5. James Cameron would be proud.
6. He obviously didn’t get the memo that the bolder the costume, the better. And he isn’t too pleased about it.
7. Some kind of Chewbacca-wolf-bear thing. Your guess is as good as ours.
8. Can he even see?
9. Thank goodness medical assistance is there, just in case things get too out of hand.
10. Give us a kiss!
11. Beautifully elaborate, wonderfully weird.
12. Rain catchers?
13. Taking the saying ‘less is more’ to a whole new level!
14. Aahhhhh! It’s just so heavy!
15. Even this little guy joined in the fun.
If you want to be part of the action, we’ve got you covered. With a handpicked selection of the finest rentals in Rio, rest your samba steps in luxury with Oasis. Here are a few of our favorite properties…
This property is perfect for a big group heading to Carnaval. Spacious, elegant and with vast ceiling-to-floor windows, this apartment is a gem in our Rio portfolio. With stunning ocean views and beautifully modern architecture, Casa Joatinga is the ideal place to base yourself during Carnaval.
Perfect for a couple enjoying Carnaval, this modern apartment is an oasis of calm from the crazy streets. Modern and comfortable, this sleek apartment is impeccably decorated in a neutral palette of colors with black and white photography adorning the walls. Ceiling to floor mirrors also make this apartment the definition of style.
This beautiful property is a paradise in itself. With amazing gardens and terraces overlooking the ocean and famous Pedra da Gavea mountain, the outside decor is very reminiscent of Santorini. Stylish, spacious and flooded in natural light, this four bedroom property is ideal for a group of friends or family heading to Carnaval.